With a majority of consumers more comfortable conducting their shopping via mobile devices – getting shoppers to look up and try something new is challenging to say the least.
To this effect, 2014 has seen a jump in technological developments in beacons, audio, visual and proximity marketing solutions – all designed to help retailers influence, sway and capture the in-store attention of time crunched and attention short shoppers. These technologies are starting to take hold – with Office Depot, Macy’s and Lord & Taylor jumping on board.
In fact, Tensator’s clients are already realizing measurable monetary/sales improvements by reaching customers more effectively through the proximity marketing capabilities of the Tensator Virtual Assistant:
- TY KU Realizes 600% Uplift in Sales with Tensator Virtual Sommelier
- Clarins Wows Customers With Virtual Assistant
- Coca-Cola launches Virtual Assistant in cash and carries in London for Share a Coke campaign
- Grafton Shopping Centre introduces their new Tensator Virtual Assistant
- Modell’s CEO Mitchell Modell Welcomes Super Bowl XLVIII Fans via the Tensator Virtual Assistant
In a recent Mobile Marketing article, the benefits of proximity marketing solutions such as beacons and audio technology are debated as standalone solutions but, ultimately as the article concludes — these technological advances mean much more when they work in harmony with each other so that the effect “can be much greater, than the sum of its part in terms of improved customer service, new revenue streams, store efficiency and ultimately basket size.”
We can expect to see more and more integrated proximity marketing technology developments very soon – 2015 is shaping up to be an exciting year for retailers and shoppers alike!